Thursday, August 7, 2008

here it goes

So I decided to start blogging... maybe it will help to make sense of all of the things that run through my head throughout the day, it seems that my mental thoughts have reached their maximum capacity, so perhaps this could be a way to sort them all out. My life seems extremely hectic and crazy lately, some of it is good, while others aren't quite so good.

I just got home from week #5 of teaching summer school, which I love doing don't get me wrong, but something about having to be up by 6:30 am over the summer doesn't seem right, oh well only 1 more week to go. I've spent the afternoons driving out to Paxton, not to work on my classroom yet, but to work on making a bookroom which I suckered myself into doing, somehow I can't say no. The school got 900 titles, with 6 books in each title... do the math and you get 5,400 books that I've had to go through, level, label, and shelf.... fun way to spend summer vacation.

On top of school stuff I have also finally decided to make the big move... after four years of living at home after undergrad I am finally leaving the nest. I am so excited to move next week and have a closer commute to work along with an awesome place; however, I didn't realize how much work it takes to pack up a room in a house that I've lived in for the past 22 years of my life...so many clothes, books, and random things to go through.

Also, family issues have taken over lately too. My brother has been sick for two years, had his colon taken out in January and has since had 5 infections... well maybe the same one five times, but I'm not sure. He's been in out of Boston like it's his job, which he hasn't had since graduating college. He's currently in Boston Medical Center and has been there for about a week with pancreatitis now and was recommended to have his gall bladder out too when he goes in for yet another surgery.

Well it's lunch time for me, then some house work to do (mom's been in Italy for 2 weeks, so I've also become the one to cook, clean, do laundry, etc.), followed by some "me time" at the gym, then back here to try to find some boxes so I can do more packing!

No comments: