Sunday, October 26, 2008

mayor's cup

So as expected today's race was fast, I mean seriously there are some fast girls in the area. Now when I am out and about running I feel quick, I consider myself to be in good shape, but it's crazy just how quick some girls are out there. http://www.baa.org/MayorsCup/Default.asp
It was a humbling experience when I was dead last 1 mile into the race and yet my mile split time was 6:24. I can run a mile faster than that, yet knowing there was still over 2 mi to go, I knew I couldn't kick it in yet. So I decided to still to my pace and I knew that as some hills came I should be able to get by some people, which I did. Mile 2 I ran through at 13:30 and managed to pass about 5 people, finally finishing at 21:02. I wish I had looked at the clock as I was coming in the final turn because if I knew that I was that close I would have started to go faster sooner just so I could at least break 21. Either way, it was a great day. Awesome people, awesome atmosphere, awesome weather(even though it seemed to be drizzling while driving in, it cleared up beautifully!).
There's something about the feeling post run which is great. I should be doing some lesson planning or school stuff now; however, just reflecting on the day is more desirable at this point. So, I am going to go have some tea now and enjoy the feeling before the reality of the work week sets in.

No comments: