Thursday, February 18, 2010

making progress and a progression run

Today is all about progress. Ok so I had class yesterday and left being super-stressed out. I got more assignments added onto my work load in addition to the final paper and project that is due next week. (Half of us are presenting next week... I am one of them, since I like to get it over with asap.) However, by presenting next week, it means my work this week is doubly compounded. Feeling overwhelmed, I worked like a dog yesterday to get a ton done... read 3 chapters of the text book, did another research article assignment and viewed videos online all about phonemic awareness and phonics, fun fun. I also got some more work done on my paper which is all about literacy learners with autism. After a full day's work, which starting off early with a 6 mile run at 7 am, by the time 9 o'clock came around last night, I was beat. While my family is all about the Olympics (the bro and sis drew and colored Olympic rings which are hanging on our wall downstairs) and were still watching them around 10, I needed to hit the hay.
That was yesterday though, and this is today, which is all about progress. I feel like I made fair progress last night, but wanted to get more done, so this morning after breakfast I hit the books again...well not really, but hitting the computer isn't really a saying and that's more of what I did. I started to type more of my paper and added a little bit to my powerpoint. However, then I realized I should focus on finishing the paper, then go and use the info from my paper to create my powerpoint. After working until about 10:30 this morning I was on page 9 and decided that I need a mental and physical break. Gym time. I went to the gym and did a progression run on the treadmill. Here's the time break down:
Mile 1: 7:41
Mile 2: 7:30
Mile 3: 7:19
Mile 4: 7:08
Mile 5: 6:58
Mile 6: 6:49
Mile 7: 6:40
Mile 8: 6:31
Mile 9: 6:22

Then I ran another 1.2 miles as a cool down for a daily total of 10.2 miles. While I had worked up a good sweat, I wasn't too overtired and even felt more energized for the day. My body was definitely hungry though, so after some abs I came home and had some tuna, I was craving this last night and again today...even though the smell sometimes bothers me I was so happy to make it, it was exactly what my body wanted! yum :)

Now I am back to school work...I should be able to finish my paper, hopefully by dinner time, then after dinner the plan is to catch up on the pile of correcting I have to do for school.

No comments: