Saturday, February 27, 2010

where did the day go?

Ok so I know this happens to everyone, but today was one of those days when it's now almost over and I'm just wondering where did today go? I was up this morning early enough (7:45 isn't bad for a weekend). I had breakfast and read the paper to wake myself up before going off to class. We had a make up class today for the one we missed due to snow this week. I think this is why I feel like my day went through a time warp or something... it took a good chunk of the day and I don't feel like I have much to show for it, although I did give my final presentation, so that's another thing off the checklist!
After class I headed home to change up, then went to the gym to run inside since it was snowing all morning, although that didn't really add up too much. Going to the gym my heart really wasn't in it, I think I was tired from sitting in a desk all morning, so I was determined to turn that around and get something done. Since my week was messed up due to after school stuff and late nights, I never did my progression run this week, so I modified that to today's workout, here's how it went...
Mile 1: 7:30
Mile 2: 7:30
Mile 3: 7:19
Mile 4: 7:08
Mile 5: 6:58
Mile 6: 6:49
Mile 7: 6:40
Mile 8: 6:31
Mile 9: 6:22

Then I ran another mile to cool down. This wasn't anything too crazy, but it did feel good to be going pretty quick at the end and feel strong. It definitely got my head in a better place and at least gave me some sense of accomplishment for the day. By the time I got home from running it was already 3:00... had to shower and eat, then got random things done around the house and went out grocery shopping. Came home, had dinner, and here I am... still not feeling like I did a ton today, but maybe I'll be productive with the 2 more hours or so I have before thinking about bed? I don't really feel like doing school work, so perhaps some other random chores like laundry. While reading this I am thinking that this doesn't sound like the life of a 20 something year old, but I guess this is the life of a full time teacher and student, already in my pajamas at 8:00 on a Saturday night, oh well, I guess a girl's gotta rest some time!

No comments: