Sunday, March 14, 2010

sunday-long-run-day... on the treadmill.

So after yesterday's battle with wind and rain I decided that today's long run would be inside since the weather isn't that much better. 14 miles on the treadmill! Part of this was mental, but I took it easy in the beginning and after getting halfway through it wasn't so bad... averaged a 7:18 pace. I ran the first 13.5 in just over 1:38 (my 13 mile time was 1:35), which let's me know I am on pretty good track to do some good times this Spring and Summer!
Last night I had a new experience... eating Indian food! I am not too adventurous with trying new things, especially since I'm lactose intolerant and I feel dumb sometimes asking the waiter if whatever I'm order has milk, cheese, or cream in it, but Steve guided me through the menu at "Jewel in the Crown" in Newburyport. I didn't want anything too spicy. Steve got chicken vindaloo which made him sweat, literally! I opted for vegetable curry which was really good! I also looooove naan bread, and found a new obsession which I am going to try to find on my grocery outing this afternoon- tamarind sauce!
Check it out!
http://www.newburyportjewel.com/
Well I'm off to food shop for the week... hopefully finding some tamarind sauce at Trader Joe's!

No comments: