Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

I am so exhausted, but in a good way. I love feeling tired because you've been so busy and pushed yourself and had fun and just filled up the day with positive things, leaving you feeling drained and tired, yet I wouldn't want it any other way.

Today was an awesome day... I was up in Merrimac for the Bartholomew's egg hunt, I never experienced one like this before... 172 eggs hidden! And not like just thrown out there, legit hidden... it took nearly an hour! I think this was my favorite egg hunt and I am 27 years old!

After miles of egg hunting Steve and I hit the road for some miles... 16 of them. I am so happy I ran this with him today, I don't think I would have been able to do this on my own on a hot day like today. We didn't start til noon, so the sun was already high and it was 75 degrees. It was cool to see families having barbecues on Easter, but after a while I was wishing I was sitting in one of those chairs poolside rather than on the pavement. Either way, I am glad we both pushed through it and got each other to finish, with a decent time for today of 1:58.

After running I could have crashed and don't know how Steve had the energy to play badminton... I was a spectator.

This weekend was good overall, although my midterm on Wednesday is slightly frightening me, so I feel like every free minute I have been studying my notecards, which I what I will be doing tonight, that is after I shower (I still haven't from that run, gross!) and eat (my body is still refueling from the long run!).

I hope everyone enjoyed the day and beautiful weather with their families! :)

No comments: