Saturday, May 15, 2010

2 weeks to go



So this picture is me post marathon in the fall... I hope this is how we look in 2 weeks too! :)

Ok, I know I haven't written in a while and I think it's because I have been busy and slightly stressed. I feel like I shouldn't write when I am stressed out because I will write something that isn't as positive as it should be; however, I was also thinking that writing helps to relieve stress, so I thought that writing today would be a good idea.
So lately things haven't been going poorly, just not as ideal as I'd like them to be. Some of it hopefully will pan out over the summer and I will have more of an idea of where my life will be at come the fall, but I guess I have to realize that some things are out of my hands and I just have to have faith that things will work out for a reason. If I could have anything really work out, it would be that Stevin is given the full time position of video productions teacher, he is putting so much time and energy into doing an amazing job and I really hope the position stays and becomes his! I went up to his school on Thursday to visit him and see the arts festival and I could tell that he's really proud of his kids' work, which he should be since it's really good! It was nice to see his colleagues too and meet some of his students. I only wish we were closer to each other so we could spend more time together... but I won't go there right now, be positive and realize I am lucky to have him, even if it's only the one time a week we get to see each other :)
So as the title of this entry shows, I have 2 weeks to go til the vermont city marathon. Training hasn't been bad, but last week's long run was supposed to be 20 miles around 7:20 pace... unfortunately I had to stop at 17 due to something funky going on with my stomach. I won't go into details, but I don't think the fajita style wrap I ate the night before really settled all that well... I guess if anything I learned that the day before a long run I need to eat more low fiber foods. I felt bad making Steve have to stop too, since we ran together... then we had to walk about 4.5 miles to get back to his house, which was not a fun walk! But this week of training has gone better than that day.
Today's run I felt great, although I didn't push it. I was planning on going around 8 miles easy and ended up doing 9.63 in about 71 minutes for a 7:22 pace. It's a really nice day, although very windy when I was running. I really hope I can keep it all together and be good to go in 2 weeks in vermont. I already have a qualifying time for boston next year... but I'd like to run around 3:15 which I know I am capable of doing.
As for the rest of the day, I get to spend it doing work and watching some baseball. By work I mean reading and reading and reading for course #3 in my CAGS degree... and as for watching baseball I mean watching 8 and 9 year olds... 6 of the boys in my class have a game later and I told them I would try to go watch. Three of them are on one team, three on the other, so I have to stay neutral, aren't I a good teacher?
Well time to get reading, although that may lead to a little pre-game nap!
I definitely feel better after writing today... maybe if I just sit down and do this more frequently I would feel better daily? Sounds like a plan to me.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Holy Moly...you are a SERIOUS running inspiration! Your speeds are for real, girl! Way to go :smile: And, I totally hear you on trying to blog when stressed. It always feels like something's gotta give. This is why we should all be independently rich, so that we can do whatever we want all day long :mrgreen: