Monday, May 3, 2010

May Already?!



Ok so I know I haven't posted in a week or so... but this past week was brutal getting back into the busy routine after being so tired from an amazing week in Costa Rica. I am not enjoying being back in the air where my allergies act up, it was so pure up there in the rainforest, I want to go back! Although it is good to be back in reality and back to my daily routine too.
This weekend I finally got things pretty much back on track and rounded out the week for a decent mileage total of 46 miles this week, a lot better than last week! Yesterday's run was a good 12.5 miles in 1:27 for an even 7 minute mile pace. I finally got to see Stevin again too which was long overdue, but our schedules have been so hectic lately that I understand we have to make the best of the situation and in time hopefully we will be seeing a lot more of each other... fingers crossed.
It seems like I am still catching up on lost sleep from the trip... we were up almost everyday by 6 am... sometime by 5 am to get a full day in, which definitely wiped me out. I've been trying to get to bed earlier and last night was in bed by 9:30, which seems to help take the edge off, so I am going to try to do the same again this week and hopefully will balance out. I also need to rest up so I can get in a 20 miler or so long run this upcoming weekend, the Vermont marathon is at the end of the month and I need to be prepared... May 30th is going to be here quick!
In other news, I got a new student today, surprise! The principal showed up at my door just before lunch with the girl and her parents, fortunately she's not officially starting until tomorrow, so I had time after school to get a few things ready for her for tomorrow. It can be a little tedious, but at the same time sometimes changing the chemistry of the group can be a good thing. She seems like a sweet little girl, although I feel bad since she said this is the 5th school she'll have been in so far, that's way too much for a child to move around. I am wondering what baggage that means she's bringing with her and only hope that our class will be a positive learning environment for her!
Also, more additions, one of my best friends had her baby today, a beautiful baby girl!
Well I am wiped again, but need to do some work for school tomorrow, plus all the fun of getting ready for the day... iron, lunch making, etc. I can't believe it's already May though... less than 7 weeks left of school, what?!
Here's a couple of pics from the trip last week!

No comments: