Wednesday, June 23, 2010

don't change

So many times in our lives we think about changing and making ourselves better, but I got some good advice the other day and the two words to sum it up are Don't Change.

Now that doesn't mean I don't try to make improvements upon myself on a daily basis, but deep down inside I am the person I was born to be and it is my goal to live up to that potential and strive to do my best. I will not change for anyone and if someone doesn't like me for who I am, then that's not my fault, sorry.

Maybe that sounded a little negative there, but I don't intend it to be. While at times I know I have my own flaws... maybe I take the easy route doing some things, I've been known to fight a few (hundred) times with my siblings, but hey I'm only human! The point of this realization that I'm having is I am happpy and proud of who I am and want to continue to try to do and be my best, no matter what anyone else says or does.

In other news, I finished the book I was talking about yesterday- You Had Me at Goodbye... wicked good ending by the way! But I won't give it away. I was kind of surprised after I finished reading the book to read the back/spine of the book and realize that techinically this is a "Christian Fiction" book. Typically I don't go for religiousy books.. not that I am anti-religion, I go to church pretty much every Sunday, but I when I read a novel I don't (or at least thought I didn't) want to be preached at by an author... turns out I am WRONG! There actually were some really good points that have resonated with me while reading this, albeit a cheesy chick lit book.

There were actually a couple of quotes from the bible in this book, which really can relate to my life right now. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

I guess I just have to have faith... some things happen for a reason even if they aren't apparent at the time... so I plan to keep doing what I'm doing and not change!

By the way, I am in a very good mood right now! Even though I couldn't run this am, I did a solid 65 minutes on the elliptical (9.3 miles!) and then did an hour of a yoga/pilates/tai chi class...so fun!

Now I need to get my hands on the other two booksin Tracey Bateman's series, I love reading for fun! :)

No comments: