Monday, June 21, 2010

First Day of Summer!!

Not only is today the first day of summer, it's also the first day of summer vacation when I am realizing that yes I survived this school year... aka it's a Monday and I was able to force myself to stay in bed until 8 am!

So part of the things I want to do this summer is blog more frequently... so I'm trying to start the day (well, post bfast) by doing that. Although, more honestly, I think the reason that I decided that now would be a good time to blog is because I am working on my final paper for one of my courses and needed a little break (or procrastinate) from doing that!

Another thing that I need/ want to do more of this summer is read! And I mean read for fun, for me, like get lost in a novel, not read my students' stuff or read more ed/ reading text books....any good ideas of books to read over the summer?

As for today, I am loving the sunshine once again. If MA weather were like this year round I don't think I would ever complain about the weather! Although my mom's garden could use a little more water I think, so if I shower does come by the veggies would be grateful!

Also for today, the goal is to get my final paper done for my class... due Wednesday, so tomorrow I can work out the kinks in it and figure out exactly what I'll be doing during my presentation. Another thing on the to-do list is the gym, obviously... my place of relief! I am going to try to run again this week, although my good running pattern is when I run Tuesday, Thursday, Sat, and Sunday... so I'm thinking tomorrow is the big day to try to hit the treadmill... I would hit the pavement, but after a few weeks off from it I don't want it to be too big of a shocker to the knee.

As for the rest of the day, who knows?! I am slightly scared that I really don't have a strict agenda or schedule for the summer... but I'm hoping to fill it up and try some new things. Since I have more time one of the things I want to try to do is cook some new things! I see so many good recipes but don't have time (ok maybe I do, but don't make time) to plan ahead to have the ingredients ready so I could make it.

I also have multiple gift cards (thank you students) that I could use should I feel the need for a little shopping trip this afternoon... some schools still aren't on vaca yet, so maybe the stores won't be as busy? Who knows... in any event I definitely don't have a case of the Mondays today!! HAPPY SUMMER!!!! :)

No comments: