Tuesday, July 6, 2010

crazy hotness in ma!

You know what they say about New England weather... if you don't like it, just wait a while and it will change. Well, lately we've been stuck in a heat wave!!! I loveeeee warm weather, but it is almost 5:00 and it is currently 97 degrees!! Yowza!
I am sitting at my computer and feel like I should just put another workout in since I am dripping in sweat! (And yes, I have already showered after this morning's workout where I banged out 10.3 miles on the elliptical in 75 minutes!... While being totally inspired by the tour!! Although I have to say the cobblestones today were a major pain, I'm kind of surprised that they included them on the race course, lots of crashes, what were the officials thinking?!)

Anywayysssss, back to the heat... man it is hot! It's days like today I wish we had a pool and am almost tempted to take out the sprinkler and run through it in the grass, but I am 28 years old and god forbid one of my students were to ride by, probably not the best idea. I remember when we were younger we had a slip and slide and a game called "Leaky Pipes" that were always taken out on days like today.

As I mentioned earlier, I went to the gym this morning to work out in the ac, so much nicer! Then I showered, which may have been pointless, because I now have a soaked shirt again... prob taking shower #2 later just to cool off! After going to the gym though I went to visit one of my best friends and her little bundle of joy, Maddie! It's crazy how much babies develop... I hadn't seen her in 2 weeks (she's now 2 months old) and she can hold her head up better and she's making cooing noises, adorable!!


Obviously I'm not ready for a baby yet, still need a husband... well first a boyfriend, then take it from there, but it's great to visit and play with her! :)

No comments: