Saturday, July 31, 2010

early back to school hair cut!

I usually wait until closer to the start of the school year (last week in August) to get my hair cut for "back to school." But lately, I have just been really annoyed and tired of my hair. I haven't had it cut since February, so there were definitely some split ends and the length of it was just too hot for the heat lately. So I decided today was the day!
I was also sick of braiding my hair to run and have it whip me in the face... which it did during my 10 miles this morning. I am happy to say that my knee isn't bothering me at all right now, it was a little sore earlier, but I think that's just because it was used. I ran 9 miles in 66 minutes 40 seconds. Unfortunately after 7 miles I had to hop off the treadmill to use the bathroom. I'm pretty sure that I snacked a bit too much last night just out of boredom and had too much sitting in my tummy before this run... oh well, live and learn, if I am healthy and that's what I have to focus on, I'll take it! I followed the 9 miles of running up with another mile of jogging/ slower running as a cool down. I really think that incorporating a cool down into the end of the run is key. Not only is it good for my heart rate, but I think it's good for my leg muscles too. Rather than just stop and have my legs freeze up, it's a nice way to slowly bring my legs to a stop and ease my way out of a run. I followed up the run with some ab work on the ball and lots of stretching!
It was another grocery shopping day today too (that's me being the mom since she's in Italy for another 10 days!)... but it was only a mini-shopping trip, just a few essentials that we were almost out of.
Well, it's time to relax for a few minutes, then I'm off to church with my Dad this afternoon! Hope everyone's enjoying this beautiful day... such fresh air out there, finally not so humid!! :)

Ok here's the before and after... sorry for the weird faces, I can't take pics of myself!
Before:


and another...


A few inches chopped off... and here's the after:

Feels so much lighter!!

No comments: