Friday, July 9, 2010

a successful 6... miler that is!

My legs were a little sore from biking 34 miles yesterday, but in a good way... I wasn't planning on running today, but just had a major urge to do so. I was going to go to the gym anyways, but changed my routine this morning.

I started off (after stretching) with 6 miles on the treadmill! I ran it in 46:27, which isn't that great, but for the second run back after not running for over a month, I'll take it! I started off with a 7:53 pace, then after about 30 minutes I went to a 7:41... I did the last couple minutes at 7:30 just to lengthen my stride a bit. I really wanted to just try to keep a slow and steady pace, but try to go a little longer today... although 6 miles is by no means a long run in my book!
I followed the 6 up with an easy .5 cool down. Then I still had the urge to do a little more cardio, so I hit up the elliptical for another 15 minutes just to get out a little more sweat! Love it!... and my knee really wasn't "hurting"... in fact my hammys were tight from yesterday's ride, so I think I was focusing on those more than my knee! Although I am icing right now as I type this!

I found another fun thing at the gym today:


It reminded me of the gladiator cage from "American Gladiators" but it has tons of ways to do lots of stretches for various body parts in this cage!
Also, here's the calf stretcher I found the other day:




Once again, I love getting a good workout done in the morning, it makes for a better day, especially in this heat, it tires me out, so by the afternoon I'm wiped! This afternoon I am going to go to the bike shop and try to find/ buy a bike rack to go on the back of my car so I don't have to keep taking off the front tire when I want to bring it somewhere. I love my Honda Civic, but let's face it, there's not a lot of room in the trunk!

I also hope to try to catch up with the Big Brother Premiere online since I missed it last night. I didn't get home til 9 and it was over... but I did get to watch Boston Med... love this show! It makes me wonder if I shouldn't have gone into teaching, but the medical field instead... hmmm probably too late now! Oh well, fun to watch!

Happy Friday :)

No comments: