Thursday, November 25, 2010

thankful

Not very original, but seeing how today is Thanksgiving... it's really a day to realize just how thankful I am. Truly I am blessed in so many aspects of my life; sometimes life just gets so busy that I forget to stop and realize just how lucky I am.

I am thankful for a healthy, happy family. Sure I may argue with my siblings every now and then and I may not always agree with everything my parents always say... but I love them and wouldn't trade them for the world.

I am thankful to have always had a nice home to grow in, sleep in, live in, never having to worry that I would ever be hungry or have some of my needs left unmet.

I am thankful to have a secure job where I can truly influence 19 8 year olds lives on a daily basis, where I can be having a bad morning or not feel well, only to see at the end of the day a homemade card by one of my students saying that I'm the best teacher in the world. (that may be an overstatement.)

I am thankful for a strong small group of friends who I know I could turn to if and when I need them... love them like sisters.

I am thankful for my body. I may sometimes try to push it to its limits, but it usually lets me know when enough is enough. I am thankful that I was able to use it this morning to get a nice 6 miler in.

I am thankful that I will have the opportunity to be moving in a month. I have been thankful for living in this house with the parents, but know that it's time again to have a place of my own.

I am thankful to be able to wake up every morning and know that I am free to do whatever I want. I am lucky that so many men and women have given up their lives or put their lives on the line on a daily basis, just so I can have the privilege to live freely in this country.

I am thankful to be able to share this day with my parents, brother, and sister. Yes, there will be a lot of good food (I made the stuffing this morning!), yes there will be a lot of football watching, yes there may or may not be a post meal nap, but those are the small things. Today is about taking time to stop the craziness of the hustle and bustle of the busy work days and sit around the table with those you love. Enjoy your meals and family time everyone!

No comments: