Monday, March 14, 2011

feeling the yoga burn

All I can say is wow! I didn't realize how long it's been since I've done yoga, but I woke up feeling the burn this morning! My arms are sore from doing so many downward dogs! It feels good though to have worked muscles that I have been neglecting! :)

Today was a development day at school, during which I did math curriculum stuff all day. While it was somewhat dull, it actually was productive. Our district is doing away with a math "program" and we're creating a pacing guide where we essential have topics of the month and just have to hunt and gather materials to use to teach for that month. So that is what today consisted of... pretty ordinary, until I looked out my window and realized it was snowing! What? Snow? I thought we were supposed to be creeping up on 50 degrees soon... looks like teaching up near the mountain the temperatures weren't creeping above freezing today, but the weatherman is saying that it's going to be in the upper 50s at the end of the week, so I'm hoping that spring really is on the way.

The gym today was pretty ordinary... the elliptical flew by since I was chatting with some other teachers that are usually there around the same time. I also did a little lifting with my arms and then lots of foam rolling and stretching. I don't know if I am just wishing it or not but I think the knot(s) in my butt are getting smaller, yay! However, for some reason after the elliptical today the sides of my shins were a little sore...I'm wondering if doing some warrior poses or something yesterday may have stretched them awkwardly? Either that or it's because I did a different elliptical after yoga yesterday and my legs weren't used to moving that way? I have my ice pack on my knee now, but will be moving it to my shin momentarily.

Since I enjoy counting down, the current countdown to spring is on... 6 more days! Until then, I still have some pretty flowers in bloom on my kitchen table to bring some color and springiness into my life!

No comments: