Thursday, March 10, 2011

you know you're sick when...

I hate admitting that I am sick, but I know I have to listen to my body and admit it... I am sick.

I had to take a sick day today ( having class until 9:00 last night didn't exactly improve my condition). But taking the day off today has totally made me realize that I made the right choice. My body was speaking and I listened.

I know I'm sick when...

I get up in the middle of the night and chug a bottle of water because I'm dehydrated.
I don't get up out of bed until 10:00 am.
After getting up I don't make my bed, knowing I'll be visiting it again soon.
I give in a take medicine... nothing major, just sudafed.
I get up for an hour and a half and then return to my bed.
I don't care that it's not nearly 3:00 and I still haven't showered, changed or done much of anything.
I've eaten honey straight from the jar to soothe my throat... I would have put it in my tea, but I was too impatient.
I've used more tissues today than I have in the past year.
My sinuses feel like they are going to explode.
I have no desire to workout or run.
I have no desire even to do the pt exercises for my hip.
I had a phone call a little while ago but don't remember what I said.
I have no intention of straying from my bed or couch today... fortunately I have a laptop and a tv for a little distraction when my eyes are actually open.


*Hoping for a future post of: "I know I'm healthy again when..."

No comments: