Wednesday, April 11, 2012

2 Days Until April Vacation

Just two days to go! 48 hours (or less) from now I will have the week off!!!
I may not be taking a vacation, but a break from school is definitely welcomed!!
Of course 2 years ago at this time I was getting ready for this...
An amazing trip to Costa Rica with my dad and sister!

(Kelster and I resting after white water rafting in Costa Rica)



(Dad and Kel in the jungle... so cool!)


Sisters in the rainforest


Cheers to fun times and fresh juice!


That's not in the cards for next week, but I can't complain since Jeff and I have a nice 11 day honeymoon to look forward to this August! :)
And since I will be around this April break, I can watch (in person if I so choose) the Boston Marathon! Love watching this race, either on tv or in Beantown!

As per usual, it's been a busy week, but I've managed to try to get to bed a half an hour earlier at night, which seems to be helping my body feel more rested and just better overall.

Part of my new job includes learning more information and bringing things back to my staff, so I have had the perks of going to many conferences.
I spent this morning at Holy Cross College learning about a computer-based reading program "Lexia."
www.lexialearning.com
Tomorrow and Friday I will spend both days in western MA at the Massachusetts Reading Association conference. Hundreds of professionals in the reading field will be there... yes, I know I am a dork, but am very excited for the event--- not so excited about the commute, but I will deal!

Workouts so far this week:
Monday - 80 minute elliptical
Tuesday- 58 minute run (7.63 mi)
Wednesday -80 minute elliptical

All workouts have been followed up with lots of foam rolling and stretching. I've been good about icing at night too to try to keep my knees feeling ok.

Survivor date with JAB soon... who will be voted off tonight?!!



No comments: