Sunday, April 22, 2012

Long run, babysitting, church, and a movie

This morning's long run is done! A happy Saturday for sure!!
I am pretty sure that I ran faster at the end of my run because I really had to go to the bathroom! I think I had a little too much cereal before bed last night ! Oh well, 11.1 miles in just over 1:23- that means average of 7:33 pace. There were some hills though so I know I was slower and faster at different points.

Based on my honk-o-meter--- I'd say these socks were a hit by drivers and pedestrians today. I had 4 cars honk at me. I usually don't like this, I mean people really, I am just a girl out running, but still, this sort of made me think that they enjoy my socks. When it comes to running clothes I say the more obnoxious the better!


First time wearing these babies today, I think if the temps are similar in a month I will be sporting them for the half marathon. Two thumbs way up for comfort!

Once again this run was a good confidence booster. I have run the full marathon before, but with everything going on in my life (all good things!) I am trying to prep for this race with as little training as possible--- going with the motto train smarter, not harder.
I was excited to see the garmin hit 11 miles today and be done!


Excited face. My shirt is not as annoying as my socks.

I have been very good about making sure I stretch after workouts. That and a little core work.


Since JAB's sister-- my future sister in law! Is moving to CT, she asked us to go over and help out watching her little guy while she did some things. So it was off to play with this guy!


He really is too cute.

I also did some help with organizing kitchen things and putting covers back on light switches and outlets. We spent some time distracting and playing with my future nephew though so he wouldn't want his mom! Of course when JAB and I starting to eat our lunches (we packed them so we could be there sooner)... he wanted some food.


He's like his godfather-- the way to his heart is through his stomach!

We finished the day at church back in our town in RI. It was actually really nice to be there today and as I sat in the pew I was thinking about next weekend. We have our Pre Cana retreat up in MA. I think it will be awesome to have the day with other couples on the same path as us. I am hoping that we get to enjoy our time there and talk about our future lives together.

Saturday ended with a movie. "The Hangover" was on tv. Neither of us had seen it. Was it a two thumbs up movie? No, but it was light and funny, easy to watch after a long day. Plus it was nice just to curl up on the couch and relax together!

Now it's Sunday am... time to get ready for a couple hour bike ride, then do some household stuff and get ready for the work week--- that's right, back to school tomorrow!



No comments: